The Wyld Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wyld Circle

A welcoming community of Pagan Furries

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tools of your path

Go down 
+3
TheRedeemed
Sabin
Silver Moonwind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Moonwind

Silver Moonwind

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:59 pm

So, im curious. What tools if any do you guys use? What purpose do you use them for? What do they symbolize for you?

Ill start by listing all the things i usually have on my altar and a short description of why its there.

Wand- For directing energy
Athame- Casting the circle, charging items, various ritual tasks.
Pentacle- a ground and center for my altar, its actually carved into my altar.
Chalice- water, ceremonial drinking
Goddess and God candles- I look at the flame and welcome the spirit of the divine into my circle.
4 corners candles- I use these the same way i use my god and goddess candles, to summon the spirits of the elements.
Offering plate- a place to put any offerings to the divine
bowl of sand- Symbol of earth
incense plate- symbol of air
candle for fire symbol of fire
Various items such as crystals these may be items i am currently wanting to charge, or purify or whatever. There is always something random.

These are some of the things i use during my rituals, and such.

Now post yours and share, you never know what others think of the things you use Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobasagewolf/
Sabin

Sabin

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Things that I usually use, although may not be on my alter:

Smudge and feather: To cleanse myself whenever I start to work on something.
Herbs and make-shift insence burner: Being not so rich, I make due with what I can get and put together.
Crystals
Several candles: Some to concentrate on, others for ambience, though usually to represent something in what I am doing.

I honestly don't have that much, and anything I do usually can be found in nature and used and then replaced. Anything I do keep to use later I ask for permission.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.com/user/sabinmoon
Silver Moonwind

Silver Moonwind

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:07 pm

I find that things you make yourself from stuff you have laying around, produce the best results. I just went around to the local goodwill and thrift stores and found most of my stuff. If im out in nature i will of course use whats around me. You dont really even need anything, its just a matter of personal preference.
What type of smudge do you use? Sage? Also what types of incense do you prefer?
I like anything earthy smelling, such as musk or vanilla and cinnamon.
Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobasagewolf/
TheRedeemed

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:03 am

Ah, I don't really have that many, because I'm a closet Pagan right now.

Crystals - I think my favorite so far is the hematite. I have many others, like obsidian, and different types of quartz, but by far the hematite is strongest. The others I have trouble feeling right now.

Incense - I like burning them, however I can't do it too much because it makes my mom's breathing difficult. I burn just a little of "Shiva's Meditation" (IDK, the kind that you get in gold packages)

Back to top Go down
AlecHusky

AlecHusky

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:11 am

I can't do much as well. I have an incense burner my parents refuse to let me use (though I do need to get some quality incense and not the dollar 30pack stuff in the supermarket) I also have one of those Envirascape waterfalls that I found in the attic while cleaning for college that I'm probably bringing. My parents wouldnt want me setting that up down here though cause it's a "humidifier" and noone wants a humidifier in a basement :-\

I like Cinnamon, Jasmine, and Musk, though I have some Cherry Vanilla <3
Back to top Go down
http://gfnet.webs.com
Sabin

Sabin

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:44 am

Well, lets see, I have anise, cinnamon, licorice root, sage, lavender, dragon's blood, and a few more. Unfronately, I am in the middle of a move, and I had to pack up my herbs x3 For smudge, I use a few of those and juniper

What I have used in the past at home, is I get a mug or glass mug, a small metal strainer (Its no bigger in the basket that your hand) and a tea candle. Place the tea candle into the mug, balance the strainer over the open flame on the opening, and just make sure you don't fill it too much to block the oxygen from getting in and out. Its all stuff you should be able to find in a kitchen. Make sure its metal too, for obvious reasons Razz

Oh! And I forgot my pack of tarot cards and bags of norse runes.
Back to top Go down
TheRedeemed

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:25 am

@ AlecHusky - Aw man! I love those waterfalls!
For me, its just the sound of the water that gets me, so although I don't have one, the fish tank's filter is an alright substitute. Razz

@ Sabin - That's a good idea! I'd like to try that sometime soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
AlecHusky

AlecHusky

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 7:02 am

EbonyWolf wrote:
@ AlecHusky - Aw man! I love those waterfalls!
For me, its just the sound of the water that gets me, so although I don't have one, the fish tank's filter is an alright substitute. Razz

Exactly why I like it, but in the past humidifiers also seem to cool the air a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gfnet.webs.com
BlackJoker
Admin
BlackJoker

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:57 am

I'm still in the process of gathering things since I'm just recently an out of the closet pagan. I have a ritual knife, a set of clay runestones, a set of semiprecious runestones given to me by Shesta, and a cloak. I have to clear off a spot in the old apartment, guess I gotta move the gundam figures >.>
Back to top Go down
FoxPhantom

FoxPhantom

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 1:22 pm

I use Incense, normally would be desert sage ( used for clearing out my room), dragons blood ( protection), and Harmony. However I don't always use them since I can't get much, but it's also because I am use to doing this once a week or more since it's let's what I have last longer.
As for crystals which is citrine, amethyst, bloodstone, sun stone, quarts, brown tourmaline, and unikite. I also have a druids animal oracle deck, since I feel more in tune with animals.
Back to top Go down
Sabin

Sabin

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Animal oracle deck? Is that a special tarot deck, or some other kind of card deck?
Back to top Go down
FoxPhantom

FoxPhantom

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:12 pm

I remember it being a type of tarot deck.
Back to top Go down
Aquin

Aquin

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 am

I have my incense, but find i can't burn certain kinds in the house without upsetting one of the spirits here... was burning a certain kind once (i forget now), and my bed shook... the temp outside my room dropped about 20 degrees and i guess it was angry with me. There was an audible BOOM when the temp dropped as well.

I don't have an actual alter yet but Ive always kind of wanted one. My house is loaded with spirits from what friends have told me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tools of your path Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools of your path   Tools of your path Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tools of your path
Page 1 of 1