The Wyld Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wyld Circle

A welcoming community of Pagan Furries

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Confused and concerned

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Moonwind

Silver Moonwind

Confused and concerned  Empty
PostSubject: Confused and concerned    Confused and concerned  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 pm

This is something that has been bothering me for a while. My family has pretty much said that they want nothing to do with me unless i turn back to christianity. I feel i cant tell them why i dont agree with it. My main reason is i have no reason to believe it. I have seen no signs, no proof, no basis for the religion at all. Im the type of person that doesnt just blindly follow something just cause someone says i should. I have found success in paganism, i have seen what i do come to light. I have felt things with this i never felt with christianity. I feel happy, and at peace with myself spiritually. But at what cost? My family.
Im at a loss as for what to do. I dont want to go back to something that made me unhappy, and didnt feel right. But i dont want to lose my dad either. Hes the only blood family i have, (besides my son of course). Any advise? What would you guys do in this situation?
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobasagewolf/
Sabin

Sabin

PostSubject: Re: Confused and concerned    Confused and concerned  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:08 am

Im sorry to hear about this =/ This is a situation that always sucks.

Honestly, there really isn't an easy answer here (Although, if there was, I doubt you would be asking this here). Are they asking you to hand them over every piece of non-christian item you have, or at they just asking you to just tell them that you follow God? The other question is are you willing to bend the truth to make it work for you? I know this seems underhanded, but unless you are able to sit down and talk with your dad about this, one on one, or you just hide it when your family is around, I don't know much you can do.

Its possible, you may have to sacrifice one or the other, for a little while, but they are family, and should be able to make room for you, atleast if not now, a bit in the future.

I hope everything goes alright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.com/user/sabinmoon
DreamingWyld
Admin
DreamingWyld

PostSubject: Re: Confused and concerned    Confused and concerned  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:48 pm

I know that pain, hun. I chose a terrible way out in that i lie to my parents, which is never the right thing to do. It's always a tough decision if your family is strong in one religion and you're strong in another. You should never deny yourself your religion, but rather try talking it out with your family and explain to them somethings. That's really all you can do is find some middle ground and understanding... Some people are just stubborn - i should know, i deal with it around my own family. x.x

Still, don't just give up on it! Just keep your head up <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dreamingwyld
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confused and concerned    Confused and concerned  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confused and concerned
Page 1 of 1