The Wyld Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wyld Circle

A welcoming community of Pagan Furries

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Norse Pantheon

Go down 
+3
BlackJoker
LadyHatter
TheronBlackthorn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheronBlackthorn

TheronBlackthorn

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology

Sorry I thought I would bring this one up for any Vikings like me that would like to discuss it.
Back to top Go down
LadyHatter
Admin
LadyHatter

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Oh awesome! I know our own BlackJoker is a Norse pagan, I'm sure he'll be happy to meet another XD
Back to top Go down
https://wyldcircle.rpg-board.net
BlackJoker
Admin
BlackJoker

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 am

hooray mead!
Back to top Go down
TheronBlackthorn

TheronBlackthorn

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 am

BlackJoker wrote:
hooray mead!

Aye, and one day I shall the finest Mead Hall in all of Adenvelt.
Back to top Go down
Twig

Twig

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Ah mead, battle, glory, honor, and a bit of pillaging. What better way is there?
As it so happens I used to make several different traditional and "quick" mead recipes, I would be more than happy to share these with any one who is interested. From experience the "quick" mead's do not come out exactly right, but they work very well for a unexpected rite.

May Odin's site guide you.
Back to top Go down
http://cockatricecreations.yolasite.com/
TheronBlackthorn

TheronBlackthorn

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:05 am

Twig wrote:
Ah mead, battle, glory, honor, and a bit of pillaging. What better way is there?
As it so happens I used to make several different traditional and "quick" mead recipes, I would be more than happy to share these with any one who is interested. From experience the "quick" mead's do not come out exactly right, but they work very well for a unexpected rite.

May Odin's site guide you.

Well met, and may Tyr guide your sword.

As for the recipe, I would love to get it.
Back to top Go down
Luthien_Nightwolf

Luthien_Nightwolf

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:17 pm

I have a recipe for non-alcoholic mead in my Book of Shadows, for anyone here who's not a drinker.

Its pretty simple:

1qt. water, preferably spring water
1 cup honey
1 sliced lemon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Boil together all ingredients in a non-metallic pot
While boiling, scrape of the rising "scum" with a wooden spoon
When no more rises, add the following:
pinch of salt
juice of half a lemon

Strain and cool. Drink in place of alcoholic mead or wine.

I got this from a book many years ago, I believe it was one of Scott Cunningham's books but I don't remember the title anymore. Have had it in my BOS for years and I've never made it. Will have to try it sometime!
Back to top Go down
http://www.luthiennightwolf.com
Twig

Twig

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Unfortunately I was unable to find my 'brew masters guide.' kind-a like a grimmer but for brewing only. Mine includes both alcoholic and non-alcoholic recipes, and I started brewing with the help of a book by Marilyn F. Daniel called Kitchen Witchery. The ISBN: 1-57863-189-0

That should help in any book hunting you go on.

~~Warning; this is a quick Mead~~

The recipe that is in this book is where I started and changed it up for my own needs.

Traditional Mead;
1 quart Honey
(preferably locally cultivated to preserve any antibodies from your region.)
3 quarts water
(distilled makes it a bit smother in the end.)

Mix honey and water, boil for 5 min.
(If you would like to add spices, fruit, or other flavors, now is the time to do so.)

Cool mixture to just above body temperature. Add one package of yeast, and mix well
(Brewers yeast is the best to use, but bakers yeast works very well too. Yeast as most of you know, needs sugar and protein to produce alcohol. This is also the time to add a cut of bee's wax that is NOT cleaned.)

Put the new mixture in a Large container and cover with plastic bags, towels, anything that will keep the light out. Place it in a dark cool place for about seven days for expansion. After it has stopped expanding, refrigerate for 2-3 days to separate the sediment, it will settle at the bottom.
(This can be strained for a smoother mead or kept for the harsher tastes)

Bottle at this point, and keep in a cool dark location. While it is drinkable at this point I have found that keeping for the Traditional year and a day will give you a stronger and much more enjoyable drink.

Please be careful, this recipe comes out to be about 60 proof and will knock over in-experienced drinkers.

Enjoy; and when I find my 'brew masters book' I will put all the variations that I have created over the years.

Back to top Go down
http://cockatricecreations.yolasite.com/
LadyHatter
Admin
LadyHatter

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Luthien_Nightwolf wrote:
I have a recipe for non-alcoholic mead in my Book of Shadows, for anyone here who's not a drinker.

Its pretty simple:

1qt. water, preferably spring water
1 cup honey
1 sliced lemon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Boil together all ingredients in a non-metallic pot
While boiling, scrape of the rising "scum" with a wooden spoon
When no more rises, add the following:
pinch of salt
juice of half a lemon

Strain and cool. Drink in place of alcoholic mead or wine.

I got this from a book many years ago, I believe it was one of Scott Cunningham's books but I don't remember the title anymore. Have had it in my BOS for years and I've never made it. Will have to try it sometime!

I would love to try this for the Oklacon Ritual.....But what do you mean non metalic pot? Is there another kind?
Back to top Go down
https://wyldcircle.rpg-board.net
Luthien_Nightwolf

Luthien_Nightwolf

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:53 am

Not sure...I got this out of a book years ago, I don't know what the author meant by non-metallic, except maybe to use one with a non-stick surface or something. I've never actually tried making it myself, I don't know how it'll turn out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.luthiennightwolf.com
TheronBlackthorn

TheronBlackthorn

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:02 am

Luthien_Nightwolf wrote:
Not sure...I got this out of a book years ago, I don't know what the author meant by non-metallic, except maybe to use one with a non-stick surface or something. I've never actually tried making it myself, I don't know how it'll turn out.

Possibly ceramic. They make those right?
Back to top Go down
Silver Moonwind

Silver Moonwind

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Im a little late posting to this, but i think they make glass pots, and i know they make ceramic pots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tobasagewolf/
Taiga72

Taiga72

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:35 am

I know this thread is very old, but I just signed up. The non-metallic pots I believe are usually glass. They are quite lovely and pretty easy to find!
Back to top Go down
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/bloodwriter/
Sponsored content

Norse Pantheon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norse Pantheon   Norse Pantheon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Norse Pantheon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wyld Circle :: Path :: Paths we Follow-
Jump to: